Protecting yourself and your family with car insurance:
You can purchase car insurance in basically 4 ways:
You can buy it over the internet,
You can buy it over the phone directly from an insurance company,
You can purchase auto insurance from an independent agent,
Or you can purchase insurance from a captive agent like Allstate or State Farm.
How do these companies differentiate themselves? Some boast about their superior service when you file a claim. Some brag about how easy it is to buy insurance from them. Often, car insurance companies try to compete solely on price which should be your first signal to be cautious. If a company states that they can save you a certain percentage on your Palm Coast, Bunnell or Flagler Beach Car Insurance, that puts an enormous amount of pressure on their sales force to get you those savings by increasing deductibles and lowering important coverage.
Hogan Insurance, an independent agent, has partnerships in the industry allow our agency to quote your insurance needs with all of Florida's best carriers. This allows us to get you the best coverage, quality and price on all of your insurance needs.
What does auto insurance cover?
• Bodily injury liability coverage – Pays for bodily injury or death resulting from an accident for which you are at fault and provides you with a legal defense.
• Property damage liability coverage – Provides you with protection if your car accidentally damages another person's property. It also provides you with a legal defense.
• Medical payments, no-fault or personal injury coverage – Usually pays for the medical expenses of the driver and passengers in your car incurred as a result of a covered accident regardless of fault.
• Uninsured motorist coverage – Pays for your injuries and, in some circumstances, certain property damage caused by an uninsured or a hit-and-run driver. In some cases, underinsured motorist coverage is also included. This is for cases in which the at-fault driver has insufficient insurance.
• Comprehensive physical damage coverage – Pays for damage to your car from theft, vandalism, flood, fire, and other covered perils.
• Collision coverage – Pays for damage to your car when it hits or is hit by another object.